Harps North West
What's it all about?
Harps for Harmony is a Global Collaboration project open to all harp players, no matter where you are in the world, and no matter what size or style of harp you play!
We want YOU to join us in playing Pachelbel's Canon in D, arranged by Sylvia Woods - all you have to do is record yourself playing a short extract of the piece (any part that you feel happy with) and use the link above or below to send it to us! We will then work our magic to incorporate all the submissions into one beautifully combined piece. HNW members will be meeting to play and record the piece in it's entirity, and your videos will be added over it!
Set Tempo: ♩ = 64 bpm Set Tuning: A440hz
DEADLINE FOR UPLOADS: May 1st 2020
As many as you like, but please make sure they are of different parts of the piece. We expect most people might upload just one or two videos.
Stick to short extracts of the piece - that way, you can be sure you maintain the tempo needed to fit it with other players. We suggest no more than 8 bars in one sitting, or 12 if you're really confident you can keep your beat exact.
No problem - we can edit that part out!
We chose this piece especially for how flexible it is! Choose a 4 or 8 bar section, that you feel you can play up to speed.
It could even be one hand! The bass line is especially handy to have as that will fit absolutely anywhere in the piece. We want everyone to feel able to take part!
Yes, please do! We can still use your visuals even if there are issues with your sound, and YOU know that you played that part. There are some things you could try to aid sound quality though, for eg, move your phone further away, and ensure the microphone end (the bit you speak into) is pointing away from the harp.
1. By uploading film footage, you confirm that you have permission from all people appearing within it to share it with us.
2. If you are under 18, you will also complete the consent form to show parental consent for your taking part. Any footage by someone under 18 without a consent form will not be used.
3. By uploading film footage, you give permission for HNW to use the footage for all aspects of their production of Harps for Harmony - a Global Collaboration. This includes, but is not limited to, promotion of the project both before and after the project is completed, and may include posting on social media, websites, appearing in print, newsletters etc. It may include use as a still.
4. By uploading film footage, you agree to pass all rights to your footage to HNW to use for their production of Harps for Harmony - a Global Collaboration. This includes, but is not limited to, any potential future earnings from the final produced film.
5. You understand that you are gifting your footage to be part of this exciting global collaboration, and expect no financial recompense for doing so.
6. We, HNW, commit to using your footage sensitively and appropriately as part of the production of Harps for Harmony - a Global Collaboration.
7. Every effort will be made to use all footage uploaded by the deadline of May 1st 2020. We cannot be held responsible for any upload errors, or any video footage that does not meet the required tempo speed, or contain the harp players in shot. (See Essentials and Tips for Uploading above.)