We are DELIGHTED to share with you our Harps for Harmony - a global collaboration, playing Pachelbel's Canon!
With 109 participants from across the globe, playing all manner of harps, at all ages, and no matter your previous playing experience, we think this is a unique and very special collaboration - and possibly the largest virtual harp ensemble in the world!
THANK YOU for being a part of it and for making it possible!
We chose this piece especially for how flexible it is! Choose a 4 or 8 bar section, that you feel you can play up to speed.
It could even be one hand! The bass line is especially handy to have as that will fit absolutely anywhere in the piece. We want everyone to feel able to take part!
Yes, please do! We can still use your visuals even if there are issues with your sound, and YOU know that you played that part. There are some things you could try to aid sound quality though, for eg, move your phone further away, and ensure the microphone end (the bit you speak into) is pointing away from the harp.
As many as you like, but please make sure they are of different parts of the piece. We expect most people might upload just one or two videos.
Stick to short extracts of the piece - that way, you can be sure you maintain the tempo needed to fit it with other players. We suggest no more than 8 bars in one sitting, or 12 if you're really confident you can keep your beat exact.
No problem - we can edit that part out!
1. By uploading film footage, you confirm that you have permission from all people appearing within it to share it with us.
2. If you are under 18, you will also complete the consent form to show parental consent for your taking part. Any footage by someone under 18 without a consent form will not be used.
3. By uploading film footage, you give permission for HNW to use the footage for all aspects of their production of Harps for Harmony - a Global Collaboration. This includes, but is not limited to, promotion of the project both before and after the project is completed, and may include posting on social media, websites, appearing in print, newsletters etc. It may include use as a still.
4. By uploading film footage, you agree to pass all rights to your footage to HNW to use for their production of Harps for Harmony - a Global Collaboration. This includes, but is not limited to, any potential future earnings from the final produced film.
5. You understand that you are gifting your footage to be part of this exciting global collaboration, and expect no financial recompense for doing so.
6. We, HNW, commit to using your footage sensitively and appropriately as part of the production of Harps for Harmony - a Global Collaboration.
7. Every effort will be made to use all footage uploaded by the deadline of May 1st 2020. We cannot be held responsible for any upload errors, or any video footage that does not meet the required tempo speed, or contain the harp players in shot. (As per the Essentials and Tips for Uploading, visible on website prior to deadline.)
A Global Collaboration
Join with us for our digital collaboration performance of Sylvia Wood's arrangement of Pachelbel's Canon!